Motor control design engineering, quality management support jobs and apprenticeships - why not work with us?
At Zikodrive we use creativity, vision and hard work to turn design concepts and ideas into working projects.
As part of this we are constantly on the look out for the right people to join our growing company. As a company with 2 main sites, we are always interested in hearing from people local to these areas – both Calder Valley, West Yorkshire and Bridgwater, Somerset.
If you don’t have considerable experience in the motion control industry but would like to learn, maybe you’re an apprentice or school leaver looking for an opportunity, then please get in touch. Equally, we will always give a fair hearing to those with genuine experience (perhaps through a hobby or alternative course) so if this is you and you would like to take your hobby further then please do get in touch.
Interested in working with us?
If you are interested in working with us please check below for current vacancies. We are very happy to accept applications from people who are interested in working for us, including apprentices. We currently have an office team who deal with enquiries, marketing and our website, an orders team who carry out quality testing, packing and shipping and an engineering team who deal with the design projects. When submitting your CV please state on your cover letter why you would like to work for Zikodrive and which department you would like to work for.
Please send any CVs or requests for more information to Shelley [at] zikodrive.com. Alternatively please give us a call to discuss any potential openings.
We would be very interested to hear from people who meet the following descriptions…
Apprentice Embedded Software Developer
We are looking for an intelligent, talented programmer to create secure and functional code for both embedded and software projects. You will need to provide quality coding solutions both for simple applications and complex applications based around the motion control industry.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and software building and an interest in automation / motor control. Attention to detail and an analytical mind are essential qualities for a successful career in programming.
The company designs hardware and firmware for a range of clients both in the UK and around the world. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the hardware development side of the business where appropriate.
- Collaborate with customers and developers to produce software and embedded designs.
- Formulate program specifications and basic prototypes.
- Transform software designs and specifications into high functioning code.
- Integrate individual software solutions into higher level systems.
- Test code periodically to ensure it produces the desirable results and perform debugging when necessary.
- Perform upgrades to make software and systems more secure and efficient.
- Proven interest/experience with past projects.
- Ability to program in languages such as C, C# and Arduino.
- Interest/experience in developing motor control applications.
- Detail-oriented and excellent concentration ability.
- An analytical mindset and critical thinking.
- Demonstrable ability to discover and fix errors in code.
HMI / Controller Programmer
We are looking for people with experience in mechatronic programming to join our expanding design team. The role will involve day to day programming requirements for custom orders, liaising with sales and marketing teams to develop content where appropriate and working with hardware design team to meet demanding and exacting customer specifications. A degree is not necessary for the right candidate provided that you can prove competency in the area and a strong motivation and willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems (basic formula and general concepts).
- An understanding of various motor types and their applications.
- Experience with control loops.
- Previous experience with any programming languages.
- Preferably some experience in PCB design.
- Preferably some knowledge of systems and integration.
- Good understanding on various protocols (analogues, digital, serial etc…).
- Preferably experience in higher end protocols such as UART, RS485, RS232, Modbus, canbus, ethercat, wifi, bluetooth.
- Making modifications to exisiting programs for specific customer requirements
- Writing simple programs for customer requirements
- Schematic and PCB layout
- using GUI’s to program external display modules
- Advanced tecnical and applications support
- Soldering and testing prototype PCB’s
- Visit customers and obtain a detailed technical specification