+44 (0) 333 123 7130
Zikodrive Motor Controllers is a trading name of Round Bank Engineering ltd. Registed Company Number 08288866. VAT Number: GB226504428
Zikodrive Motor Controllers are designed to be as flexible as possible and are therefore suitable for a wide variety of industrial applications. Whether it be machine building or process control applications or new developments we can work with you to develop a controller or package that will work for you. Our standard range provides a good basis of options but if you require specific communications protocols, higher powered controllers or something completely new please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Our Stepper Motor Controllers and Brushless Motor ECSs are highly flexible as well as being programmable and are therefore able to work well in a huge range of industrial applications. We can also add a range of plugin boards to our standard range to deal with specific communications protocols as required by your application.
Typical examples include:
1. Packaging machinery. Our stepper motor drivers and brushless DC motor controllers can be used in a range of packaging and processing machinery.
2. Automotive and vehicular. Depending on what you need we can supply a motor controller which will work well in your application. BLDC motors are being increasingly adopted in this sector and our ZDBL range is powerful and lightweight. In addition, all of our controllers are low voltage making them particularly suitable for such applications. We can also develop custom controllers which are very cost effective at high volumes.
3. Test Equipment. We have supplied a number of stepper motor drivers and packages to manufacturers of test equipment.
4. Conveyors. Depending on the power you need, our controllers and packages are perfectly suited to conveyor belts and similar applications. Get in touch to discuss your application today.
Our range of motor controllres is able to work well with a variety of communications protocols from the most basic analogue controls through to protocols such as Modbus and CANbus.
Typical examples include:
1. Analogue Control. Signal Inputs and 0-
2. UART over RS232. If you have an application that requires more advanced control we can run using UART over RS232. This is a low cost simple way to get more control.
3. UART over RS485. RS485 offers much more protection against interference and electrical noise and is a useful choice for applications where this is likely. You will require a ZDRSU plugin board for this or a custom modified controller.
4. Modbus and CANbus. We can set up all of our controllers to operate with ModBus and CANbus but at this stage we do not have a stnadard controllers which will work with these protocols.
1. Peristaltic Pumps. Our stepper motor drivers and stepper motor controllers are widely used in peristaltic pump applications. See the Boxer Pumps iD Case Study for more
2. Diaphragm Pumps. Our stepper motor drivers and brushless ESCs can both be used in diaphragm pump applications.
3. Gear Pumps. Our stepper motor controllers and motors with integrated controllers are perfect for gear pumps.
4. Dosing Applications. Both our Brushless Motor Drivers and Stepper Motor Drivers are used in a range of dosing applications.
5. Compressors. Our BLDC ESCs are particularly well suited and are used in compressors where high speed and performance optimisation are critical. See the Vert Rotor Case Study for an example of this…
6. Low power process control. Because all of our controllers are low power we can easily run them from battery power supplies making them a good choice for vehicle based or ‘off grid’ applications.
PUMPS AND PROCESS CONTROL
If you have a machine or project which requires the retrofitting or replacement of an obsolete part then we can help. Simply get in touch with us to discuss the specification of what you have and we will be happy to help.
As specialists in motor control we regularly design drivers, controllers and related electronics to work in a huge number of different applications with a range of different design priorities. If you have a project where you are looking for a custom designed controller or you are looking for something but unable to find it then we can help. Bespoke design projects are often not as expensive as you might think and we offer a range of commercial options depending on your project priorities. Get in touch today to discuss your motor control design project.
A ZDSP Motor Controller which interfaces with a PLC in an ESOL Generator System
+44 (0) 333 123 7130
Frequently Asked Questions
|How We Work|
|Who we work with|
|Integrated Motors and Controllers|
|Stepper Motor Controller Design|
|Brushless Motor Controller Design|
|POS and Retail|